Wood, glass beads, textil, metal and six british coins used by “British West Africa” (the oldest dating back to 1936, the most recent to 1947)
H. 29, 5 cm
Estimated period: early 20th century
– Collected approximately 1950 in the village of Djamâ on the Ghana border.
– J. P. Delcourt, France / Ivory Coast.
– G. F. Scanzi Collection, Italy / Ivory Coast.
– Mercedes & David Serra Collection, Spain.
– Scanzi G.F. Akan, Statuary of Ivory Coast. Ed. Tribaleglobale Primary Art. Italy 2010, n.
36, p. 82.